Follow me on Twitter!

Friday, October 28, 2011

Letter to a Nation


My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world.
All my very best,
Jack Layton



On August 22, I first read Jack Layton's letter to Canadians. Across political allegiances, Canadians were inspired. I was inspired. Yesterday, children's entertainer, Raffi released a song inspired by Layton's motivating, momentous letter. You can listen to the song here: http://www.childhonouring.org/uploads/Letter_To_A_Nation.mp3


I didn't anticipate the way the song would hit me. I found myself nearly moved to tears listening to Raffi's voice dance through the powerful words left for us, by Jack. Let' not forget this gift that was left for Canadians. 

What are you doing to change the world today?

No comments:

Post a Comment